Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Provincial Synod, 2006

I suppose a rather boring post to get back into the blogging groove. I've never posted tons, but my goal was to keep a post up about once a week. Obviously, I've failed. Perhaps this will help get me back on track.

We--my wife and I--just returned from a trip to synod in Indiana with two other faculty of St. Andrew's Academy and 11 students (and my infant daughter Elizabeth). Most of us comprise the St. Andrew's Academy Choir and we sang five services in the space of three days there in Indiana--and that was after touring Chicago for a night and a day.

We are so thankful for the wonderful reception the representatives of Churches across the states gave us. Everyone was so kind and generous. They even bought 70+ CD's of our Choir singing Evensong and some hymns.

In contrast to what we heard and saw going on at the ECUSA General Council, our Provincial Synod was an absolute blessing to all who attended, I believe, and our disagreements centered more on whether or not one liked the hymn sang at morning prayer. Thanks be to God for orthodox bishops and leading clergy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back in the blogosphere, Fr. B.

Now that you basking care-free in the good ol' summertime, I hope that we, your faithful readers, will be treated to many hard-hitting and provocative discussions concerning the life of the One, Holy, Catholic and Anglican...er, APOSTOLIC Church of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As you know, I purchased a copy of the CD from Mr. Bartel last Sunday.
Considering that the choir was composed for the most part of very young St. Andrew's students, the quality of the performance was astoundingly good. If only the adult members of our parish choir ( "The Scholars of St. Luke's" ) would sing the office with the same intonational precision and musicality I could die a happy man...Oh vell.

If I make the pilgrimage this year, I expect to be treated to another evening with my stout-hearted Anglican brothers, smoking cigars and quaffing premium Belgian ales.

-Mark

( A layman in the oh so sultry Flatlands )

Serena said...

*sigh* sounds like you all had fun. I wish I had been there.
-Serena